Foreign Nationality Korean( Holding Citizenship in Oversea-F-4)
1. Recipient – Act Acticle 2 - 2
According to Act on the immigration and legal status of overseas Koreans of Article 2(Definition)
The term "overseas Korean" in this Act means a person who falls under any of the following
2. A person prescribed by Presidential Decree from among those who, having held the nationality of the Republic of Korea (including those who had emigrated abroad before the Government of the Republic of Korea was established) or as their lineal descendants, have acquired the nationality of a foreign country (hereinafter referred to as a "foreign nationality Korean").
2. Entitlement of staying Korea as foreign nationality Korean
- The Minister of Justice may grant qualification for sojourn as overseas Korean to a foreign nationality Korean who intends to engage himself/herself in activities in the Republic of Korea based on his/her application
3. Legal force of Report card of the domestic place of residence for a foreign nationality Korean ( “Hereinafter” Report card)
- Where a citizen registration card, a certified copy and abstract of citizen registration, a foreigner registration card, or a fact certificate of foreigner registration is required for various kinds of procedures and business relations, etc. prescribed in Acts and subordinate statutes, a report card of domestic place of residence or a fact certificate of report of domestic place of residence may substitute for each of them.
4. The preparation Documents as per Act on the immigration and legal status of overseas Koreans
There are two cases when applied the Report Card
1) If the resident registration is cancelled as he/she lost the Korean Nationality, it’s possible to issue through the residence report.
2) If the resident registration is not cancelled because they do not report to lose Korean Nationality, they have to report it with the report of loss of nationality.
Documents for Residence Report
Documents for the report of loss of Korean nationality
① Application Form
➂ Photo of passport size -1
➃ fee : KRW30,000
➄ Copy of Citizenship, basic certificate(Described the loss of Nationality)
① Report for the loss of nationality
② Original Passport and Copy
➂ Basic Certificate and Certificate of family relationship – each 1
➃ Original Citizenship and copy, Korean Translation and signature of translator
5. The paper preparation when incorporated to Korea
1) The evidence for the residence outside of Korea : possible to use by Residence Report Card
2) Report of Foreign Investment Company: Need to report "Foreign Investment Conpany because it classified the Alien Investment.
|Prev||Resident Registration of Korean Nationals Residing Abroad(or Permanent Resident )|
|Next||Process Flow for Liaison Office Setup of Foreign Company|